Friday, October 19, 2007

Polish phrases for Meeting and Greeting

Today I want to write for you few Polish phrases that you can use when you meeting new people.

In Poland greetings are similar to those in English. The Polish phrases for meeting and greeting will lead you to the dialog at the end.

I will show how these Polish phrases are used in conversational Polish.

Hello, Hi- Cześć (informal)

Good morning- Dzień dobry (formal)

Good evening- Dobry wieczór

Goodbye - Do widzenia (formal)

Bay-Cześć (informal)

Excuse me / I’m sorry- Przepraszam

See you later/tomorrow - Do zobaczenia/jutro

Nice to meet you [m/f] - Miło Pana/Panią poznać

Thank you- Dziękuję

You’re welcome- Proszę bardzo

Do you speak English?- Czy mówisz po angielsku?

Could you speak more slowly, please- Czy możesz mówić trochę wolniej

I don’t understand- Nie rozumien

Yes- Tak

No- Nie

What is your name?- Jak się nazywasz?

My name is... – Nazywam się ……

I’m from...- Jestem z …..

How are you?- Jak się masz?

I’m fine, thank you- Dobrze, dziękuję

I hope that Polish phrases for meeting and greeting will be helpful to start new friendship or maybe bussiness relations?

See you soon

hnn

1 comment:

just Kamel said...

very interesting phrases which I was looking for.
dzienkuje bardzo